Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

Baggage


Funny thing happened when we left the Rapid airport. We had 5 big bike boxes and 3 large suitcases to check (all weighing 69-70 lbs). We flew United and you know how small those planes are to Denver. The ticket counter lady (who was the most helpful and friendliest airline employee I think I've met) told us because we had some many items to check they may have to go on later flights. We had a 10 hour layover in LA, so it was no big deal.

As we were boarding the same lady was at the gate and said they were able to get all of our bags on because they sent 5 people over to the Delta flight. The five empty seats were then used for the larger carry on bags. Mine got strapped in right next to me. I couldn't believe how accomodating the airline was - that never happens! They even charged us less than I was expecting for the extra and oversized baggage.

On the other end in Australia the customs officials were also very helpful. One of them even pushed one of our carts with a couple of the bikes. They only looked in 2 boxes to make sure we had the bikes clean and off we went with no extra charges.

Comments:
Did each bag get complimentary soda and pretzels?

-Tom
 
My kind of passenger to sit next too, not too much talking, no snoring, no hogging the arm rest, etc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?