Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Training pool and new neighbor

Photos: Yeronga 50 meter pool for training and....our newest neighbor, Lenny the lizard.

This is the 50 meter pool where Jim and I have been swimming - well mostly Jim. Yes, Judy (at the BLM) it's nice enough here year round for an outdoor pool. In fact Jim complains that the water temperature is even a bit too warm! We actually live a 3 minutes walk from another outdoor 50 meter pool that I spend more time at.

We're not sure what Lenny the lizard really is. Perhaps there's an urban sub-tropical wildlife biologist out there that can clarify that for us (Desa?).

On Sunday we will be heading to Robina (a town about an hour from here) for our first Australian triathlon. Jim will be doing the main event, whereas I will be doing an enticer (a very short one for beginners). If I don't drown at it, I'll post our results when we get back.



Comments:
Looks like the same guys that hang around our outside lights munching bugs all night long in S. Florida. Mmmmmm mmmmmmm. Put one on the barby!

Cathy, Ernie and Tigger J.
 
It looks like a gecko to me. Good luck with your swim! Desa
 
Thanks for the clarification on Lenny, Desa.

Ernie, is that you're idea to cook those on the barbie or is that Tigger's?

Who's wusels?
 
I wonder if Lenny & I have anything in common, i.e. byetta??,ha,ha

Ladybug & Jim -- good luck on your competition this weekend.
 
Hey guys,
Nice website, It looks like a nice place to live for a year! I flew my first dual and also SOLO cross-country flight to Phillip last week. Good luck at the race!
 
Fyrfytr, when do you think you'll be taking the checkride? Congrats on the solo cross country flight! Keep us posted...
 
Aren't ya glad you have your Sunrayce 99 hat?
 
well, I found a computer that works. looked over your pictures and it seems to be a nice place to visit this fall.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?