Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Jim gets approved to work!

The first photo is of "B" Block - the business school building where I have all my classes. Photo 2 is of downtown apartments near the university.

Today Jim and I went to the Immigration Department and got visa labels put in our passports approving us to work. Lucky for Jim, he got approved to work full time! Unfortunately I'm restricted to 20 hours per week, though I'm currently inclined to work zero - school takes up enough time. Jim was a bit disappointed that he wasn't also restricted to only 20 hours, that way he would have had an excuse to only work part time.


Actually, he has registered his business name of TeamLean so we can operate it here. We are waiting for our tax file numbers so he can get an Australian Business Number and open a business bank account here. As soon as that happens, he'll be ready to start fitting people on their bikes. That'll make me happy, no more Ramen Noodles!



Comments:
Using my intuitive accounting ways, and you being in a foreign country. I would classify you as imigrants since you will be there longer then an accounting cycle(business year). That is the distinction between short and long term. HMMM, I guess you can't apply accounting principles to everything! What are you taking for classes Mieke? Good to hear all is well!!!
 
Congrats on the Visas Guys! No pressure, James, but your new bride is worthy of more than just ramen noodles :-) Miss you both and wish you well.
 
Hey, way to go you two...now you can move up from Ramen noodles to spagetti ooooooooos......YIPPEE
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?