Monday, March 20, 2006

 

Taiwan


































For those of you who haven't heard yet, the mystery destination was Taipei, Taiwan. Jim and I spent 6 days there attending a bicycle show. Most of the exhibitors were manufacturers, but there was a mix of everything.

We didn't have a lot of extra time for sight seeing, but we did find a local market and spent some time wandering around the part of town where our hotel was located. We also took a trip up the Taipei 101 building, currently the tallest building in the world. It was a pretty nice view from there. You can see the building in one of the photos. The other photos show the scooters that were everywhere (kind of like Rome), us at the local market (the one with the shoes and one with Jim in front of local food stands), and the last photo is of the socks and toothbrush that they gave us on the airplane (Singapore Air rocks!). - Desa, I saved the socks for you because if I remember right, you'll need them for you flight over!

Comments:
Dang it....I wish I would have seen that you were running a contest about where you were at! I've seen that same building in person but never went in it!

Have you gotten a chance to sample any of the good (& bad) local food?!!?

I see there is a horrendous storm over Sydney right now...are you guys doing all right with that?

Well, I'm back to our freezing snowing work.

Havea great week,
Stein.
 
The food was interesting there...some good, some not so good.

The big storm that hit northern Queensland had no effect on us here, so we're fine. It was in the same state, but over 600 miles away. It was the largest cyclone to hit Australia in 30 years - caused a lot of damage I guess.
 
Jimieke: Did you find any shoes you liked, to go with those socks?

Looks like an interesting busy place!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?