Monday, May 22, 2006
Noosa Ocean Swim

This past weekend Jim and I went to Noosa to do an Ocean Swim. We got up at 4:30am so we could make the 2 hour drive north and get there in time for check-in and numbering (yep Jim and Mieke up at 4:30 in the morning to go swim in the ocean)!Both Jim and I completed our races. Jim swam in the open category for his 2000 meter race against some of the best swimmers in Australia. Had he registered with his age group he would have finished 3rd. Me, on the other hand, swam in the 1000 meter race (which turned out to be more like 800 - much to my liking)! I finished ahead of 3 people in my age group, so I'm moving up from not being able to swim at all last fall to smashing people in races! The full results can be found at http://www.usmevents.com.au/s
eries/waterSwim/results.cfm.The top picture is of Jim playing on the rocks after his race. Then there's me checking out the water before hand. The last picture is of Jim and I just before I was about to do my race.
Noosa is a very nice little town located on what the Australian's call the Sunshine coast.
