Saturday, June 24, 2006

 

Moving Soon!

So finally another blog entry. I'm not sure where the time went. I just finished up with my 3rd teachingt period for my MBA (half way done!). Jim's been busy getting the "Fit Studio" done at the bike shop where he is working. He will be putting to use the fit bike he built and using it to fit people to their bikes for petter performance. He has a great deal with the shop he works at. The shop owner will do all the marketing; Jim just has to come in and do the fits and they both make money. Yippie! The first two photos are from a time trial Jim and I did last weekend. The last picture is of me (in the red helmet) getting ready to do my first criterium. In this race, you ride around in a cirlce of about a mile for 40 minutes + 3 laps. It was rainy and a bit chilly, but non-the-less, it was a fun workout.

Hopefully we will be moving soon to a new apartment in the suburb called the West End. That location will be much more central for us. I will be able to ride my bike to school and Jim can ride his to work. Plus there are lots of little cafes located nearby and a nice bike path along the river. We are waiting anxiously to see if we can get an apartment secured in the complex that we want. I hope so because then I will be upgrading to a place with a dishwasher again!!

If you had to guess, which appliances to you think an unfurnished apartment would NOT normally have here in Australia? They are ones that people own and move with them. Give it a guess. I'll post the answer in the next blog...

Comments:
Joe and Elli guess a refrigerator, stove and an Air Conditioner window unit. I promise I didn't google-- just guessing the appliances that are the biggest pain to move.
Hope all is going well with you two. We've been working on our yard this summer-- specifically growing grass. Pretty sure the watering never ends.

Miss you both.
 
GoogleTalk, gmail, Skype – super tools for staying in touch! The blog is a bonus – great to see photos plus the report on what’s up Down Under!
 
Since you might be getting a dishwasher in the new appt....is that the appliance people usually buy and move around with them??, ha, ha

Hey, you two - I'm getting excited to see you and give you a big HUG!

Keep a peddling.....
 
Happy Anniversary!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?