Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Finally...A post of the new pad






Sorry about the huge delay between posts. The move across town was successful. We now can leave our car parked for the majority of the week. Jim is only a 4 minute bike ride to work and I am only a 15
minute ride to
school. The new
neighborhood is much closer to restaurants, little shops and the grocery store - so very convenient. The apartment is a bit smaller than the last one with no individual garage, but we do have secure undercover parking. We now have a much larger deck as you can see in the photos. Jim has built us a bike rack so the bikes can be easily stored - what a handy guy he is! Another bonus for me is I now have a dishwasher and a washer and dryer in the apartment.In two weeks I will be finishing up with my forth teaching period of classes. That means I'll be 2/3 the way done - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! The classes are going pretty well. I've been able to get to know some of the other students pretty well which makes it nice, especially since it is a very diverse group of students.
Jim has been working at lot at the bike shop. He's also been leading some of the weekly rides - which leave at 5:30am! Yep, they're all early birds here. The other guys at the shop have really taken a liking to him (who wouldn't) and are really going to miss all his help when we leave.
The other photos of us are from the Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter's zoo) which we visited last weekend. The elephants got our hands full of slober and dirt when we were feeding them...
Comments:
<< Home
Jimieke: Looks like a cozy place to live......I guess I'll just have to come & check it out for myself.......I could tell it was your guy's place by the # of bikes and shoes, ha,ha.......love mom
Nice place! Your other place was really nice, so if you're happier with this one then it must be pretty sweet. Glad all is going well. Enjoy the rest of your time there - we can't wait to go back!
Oh, enjoy the cycling (I'm jealous) - it's rally week so it's tough to get out here!
Post a Comment
Oh, enjoy the cycling (I'm jealous) - it's rally week so it's tough to get out here!
<< Home

