Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Gold Coast Half Ironman

First the alarm goes off at 3:30am. Next we're on the road to the Gold Coast Half Ironman at a resort development at Coomera (45 mins drive south of here).

Jim's wave or the elite males started the race off at 6:00am. He got to race with some of the big names here in Australia, including Chris McCormack. Jim had a great race and set another PR for himself, finishing in 4:13:48! That put him in 10th for the elites and 12th overall, out of a field of 900 people (men, women and teams included). He was third for most of the bike - pulling about 6-8 other guys most of the way.

My wave started at 6:13am. I was glad to get the swim over with - I did beat 9 people though! After the swim I was off on the bike and run, racing myself from 36th place to 20th place (out of 45) in the end. I was hoping to finish between 5:45 and 6 hours and finished at 5:41:15. The results can be found at http://www.usmevents.com.au/home/home.cfm, then click on Cannibal Gold Coast Half Ironman Triathlon.

The first picture is of me running down one more place before the finish. The second photo is after I finished! The third picture is of Jim at Green Island off the coast of Cairns. We visited the area with my parents when they were here.

Comments:
Once again this mom is so proud of her ozzie kids and their abilities. Mieke you did so good for you 1st 1/2 ironman and my Jim boy you just keep surprising us (what a guy), give me a little of that energy!!....love proud mama:)
 
Oh Mieke Mieke Mieke. I remember the days when I couldn't even get you to run with me outside, a short little three mile run. You've come a long way, baby!
 
Ah yes! The triumph of achievement – captured in that photo. Congratulations!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?