Monday, December 11, 2006
My New Sport
We are winding down our time here in
We visited Sydney Olympic Park, the site of the 2000 Summer Olympics. It is a huge complex with many sites and venues including the Telstra Stadium, the competition pool, running track, archery range, courts of every type (basketball to badminton), a skate park, etc. It is open to the public and there are also instructed lessons at a number of the sites.
I had my eye on one sport in particular that I wanted to give a go. I've always been a bit of a monkey boy wanting to climb around and hang on stuff and my swimming background has given me some upper body strength that I thought could be helpful. So I signed up and went through the introductory course and did some drills and practice maneuvers on the ground to get me going. Then we moved onto the real deal and built up the foundation motions and then worked on some more advanced moves. See the video of me in action.
Video of Jim in Action
Hey Jim, way to go...I bet that really gave you a thrill!!
See you both soon.
Love it, mom bon
<< Home
